Amanda J. List, List Jacobson-Kwok Thorndal, LLP, has been practicing family law since 2004. She is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, and was admitted to the California Bar in 2002. Amanda is currently the Chair of the ACBA Lawyer Referral Service Governing Committee and a member of the ACBA Family Law Section Executive Committee.
1) When did you know you wanted to be a lawyer?
We watched a lot of Perry Mason when I was a kid. I knew at a very young age that I wanted to be just like Perry.
2) If you hadn’t become a lawyer, what would you be doing instead?
3) What do you know now that you wish you had known when you were first admitted to practice?
It’s nothing like Perry Mason.
4) What is the biggest challenge facing you as a lawyer today?
Every client thinks he/she is my only client. Managing their expectations regarding my availability is difficult.
5) What is your favorite part of being a lawyer?
Going to court.
6) What is your dream vacation?
7) What are you reading now?
The Book Thief
8) What’s one thing people might be surprised to learn about you?
I am extremely handy. I can fix almost anything.
9) What person, living or dead, real or fictional, would you like to have dinner with?
Bill Clinton, Peyton Manning, or Lyle Lovett.
10) Why do you choose to be a member of the ACBA? What is the greatest benefit you have enjoyed as a member?
It’s an excellent resource for continuing education and networking.